Topic 4: Active Listening/Paraphrasing
No Due Date
a text entry box
Read The_Lost_Art_of_Listening__Digest_Sharon_McLean.pdf and review Active Listening_9_30_15 (Student)-1.pdf.
In a short response writing 250-300 words, answer the following questions:
Our Need to be Understood:
- Why is listening important in life and tutoring sessions?
- How does listening shape us and connect us to others?
- How does communication break down?
Reasons Why People Don’t Listen:
- How do we suspend our needs to listen?
- How do hidden assumptions prejudice our listening?
- Why is active listening important for tutoring sessions?
You've already rated students with this rubric. Any major changes could affect their assessment results.